Private Safari Host and Photographer – Who or what are they ?
Photographs are Memories Made Real
For your next safari, book your own personal photographer or photographic guide – and add a professional gloss to the images of your stay. Andrew Aveley is a highly-qualified and experienced guide who prides himself on sharing his love of the wilderness with guests through his photographic knowledge.
What Andrew has to say:
As a professional photographer, I am aware that, most often, good photographs enhance the guests’ experience. This would be true of guests that are either keen photographers themselves, or non-photographers who simply want to have their special memories captured professionally so they can relive their safari for the rest of their lives.
As you already know me, you will know that I am not like other ‘photographic hosts’. The main aim of my work has always been to share my love of the outdoors and to use my photographic experience to convey the wonder of the wilderness. I do much more than show people how to ‘point-and-shoot’, I use the camera to interpret the safari for the guest, so that they get much more out of the experience. Along with technical expertise, there is an important creative element that needs to explored and nurtured in the moment – so that each photograph becomes a story.
During the safari, the guests enjoy my undivided personal attention and support. You may not know this, but I am a registered guide as well as a Registered Professional Photographer – My credentials can be viewed here.. It might just be useful to mention that I can also add services such as photographic editing expertise, video tuition and drone photography (CAA RPL).
This is what you get:
* A dedicated professional photographic guide with a comprehensive knowledge of birds, animals, habitat and the environment
* The guide is also familiar with all Southern African game reserves, with good local knowledge
* Your photographic mentor is a registered Professional Photographer and also a qualified, registered tourism guide
* He is a Canon Photo Professional endorsed by Canon South Africa on all their DSLR and Mirrorless Systems. He is not only a Canon educator but has a working knowledge of all other leading Camera brands that visitors may use.
* Editing images is just as important as taking them in the first place. Your guide can give tuition in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CC, Canon Digital Photo Professional, NIK Software, DXO Labs and Photoscape X (a powerful free editing software package).
* Video is becoming just as popular as photography, and your guide is well-versed in the technical and creative aspects of video.
* Your guide is also experienced in handling any level of photographic competence – he can even work with guests on their smartphones!
The guests will also after the safari, have the option to receive a full production-and-print-ready PDF file that can be turned into a personal coffee-table book with their own images or with images that the guide has captured. This would be a unique and personal Memory Book of their stay, and a unique and permanent visual journey of Africa.
Let Andrew help you fall in love with Africa.
Private Safari Host and Photographer
Wild Expressions Photo Tours & Safaris acts as a 3rd party when distributing information relating to the Corona Virus (CoVID-19) and cannot be held responsible directly or indirectly for any loss / damages caused by the CoVID-19 virus. Any information provided is in no way meant to replace the guidance of your doctors and/or healthcare professionals and we as Wild Expressions Photo Tours & Safaris will unfortunately be unable to answer any medical related questions or provide medical advice on the subject of the CoVID-19 virus.